NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
Deliver a better all-round service by forming deeper professional relationships with your clients, customers, colleagues, staff, and service users.
For yourself or your team!
Learn what makes a great counsellor by observing real counselling sessions and studying important theoretical approaches. Use this new knowledge to master communication, reflection, and interpersonal skills to enhance the service you provide.
This course shows you how to use counselling skills at work and in everyday life to form deeper professional relationships with staff, colleagues, customers, clients, and service users based on mutual respect and understanding.
People who find this course particularly useful are those in a functional role, for example: personal trainers, nurses, life coaches, carers, human resources, teaching, and anyone who has ambitions to go on to become a counsellor. The applications of this course are so wide ranging since the key skills (reflection, communication, relationship building, listening, trust) are essential for so many people in so many industries.
Please note, this course alone is not a route to the Accredited Register nor does it fully equip you to practice as a qualified counsellor. In order to fully qualify, you would need to progress onto attendance Level 4 (or equivalent) training.
What you’ll learn:
- Identifying skills and qualities needed to support people
- Differences between coaching, mentoring and counselling
- Helping people feel safe and supported
- Establishing a helping relationship
- Strategies for problem solving and decision making
- How self-reflection can help counselling
- Humanistic theory
- Cognitive behaviour theory
- Psychodynamic theory
- Integrative model
- Ethical frameworks
- Counsellor competencies
- Personal moral qualities
- Issues that impact counselling skills
- Ethical referrals
- Confidentiality boundaries
- Understanding discrimination
- How diversity impacts the counselling relationship
- Role differences between counsellor and client
- Power differences and perception of power
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- How counselling skills influence personal development
- Importance of continued self-development
- Feedback and personal development
- Overcoming barriers to self-awareness
Counselling Course Reviews
Course length: Total of 12 face-to-face days over 4 months.
Qualification: NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
Course availability: Click here to check our next starting date.
Cost: Fully funded for eligible residents.
Funding requirements: Teesside residents. 24 years old and over.
How does it work?
- Fill out the short form with your info, how many spaces you need, and the date you’d ideally like to start.
- We’ll give you a quick call to double check you’re eligible.
- We’ll confirm your spot(s) and see you soon.
All training takes place at our Teesside-based office in Riverside Industrial Estate. Training typically runs from 09:00 to 17:00. Lunch and refreshments are included.