Information, Advice & Guidance Policy
All Enterprise Made Simple (EMS) staff are committed to providing an accurate Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Service.
EMS provide an independent information advice and guidance service to anyone who wishes to access our training programmes or services.
This includes any potential new clients or those already in learning with the company.
EMS supports the concept of lifelong learning and endeavours and in providing quality information, advice and guidance services, EMS helps clients make informed choices about the training courses or that are right for them.
The IAG process is a continual process throughout learners’ programmes.
The quality of service is monitored through performance data and feedback from users.
EMS achieved the Matrix IAG standard and strives to provide information, advice and guidance that is:
- Timely and in a form that is easily understood
- Independent, confidential and focused on the needs of the individual
- Provided by staff trained to offer appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance
- Able to provide access to a range of agencies for specialist support
- Free from stereotyping physical or cultural barriers for users and in accordance with EMS’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Easily accessible and clearly defined
- Free of charge to all users
- Subject to evaluation and continuous improvement encouraging individuals to get the most from the process
Standards of Service
The service offers:
- Open access to information on education, training and career opportunities in a range of formats available in all EMS centres
- An initial assessment to help identify individuals’ skills and aptitudes
- A trained member of staff to discuss individual learner needs and aspirations and plan for the achievement of goals
- Signposting to other agencies who may be able to help learners achieve their goals
- The opportunity for learners to spend time with a member of staff to review and revisit their goals and discuss progress and next steps
- Access to a trained member of staff to answer queries and provide advice by phone
Clients / learners can expect
- A service delivered to recognised national standards
- A clear explanation of the Information, Advice and Guidance Services offered by EMS
- Trained and experienced staff who will treat them with respect and dignity
- A timely response to requests for information
- Up to date information on education, training and career opportunities in a range of formats
- Information on the cost of training and any funding which may be available to support the costs
- All information about them will to treated as strictly confidential in line with the Data Protection