Did you hear about this thing called Snapchat? Everyone is buzzing about it, how businesses should be using it. Well, Snapchat has added Snapchat Groups. You can add up to 16 people in the group. The group will self-delete after 24 hours and snaps sent within a group can be opened and replayed once. Before I explain a couple of ways this could be beneficial to you, here’s how to use Snapchat Groups.
Here’s how to use Snapchat Groups
- Create a group by going into your chat. Tap the button in the upper left to add Snapchat friends and give the group a name.
- Now you’re ready to chat. You can send stickers, Bimoji, voice notes and video notes but remember the Group will disappear after 24 hours and all the content in it.
- You can save messages in the group, the same way as in private messaging. Press and hold on a message and tap save. All the people in the group will see you have saved the message.
As well as Group Chats, Snapchat wants to increase your creativity within your Snaps with these two new features scissors and paintbrush. Scissors can be used to cut out part of an image on the preview screen to turn into a sticker. The paintbrush tool can be applied to Snaps in Memories to turn the image into your next masterpiece.
So, why should SME’s care about Snapchat Groups?
With over 100 million daily active users and 400 million snaps per day, Snapchat is one of the fastest-growing social networks. With the introduction of Snapchat Groups, the marketing opportunities on Snapchat has increased drastically. Here’re some ideas on how to use Snapchat Groups:
- Reward your most valuable customers by sending them early bird messages and snaps about upcoming projects/products.
- Send your brand advocates content you want to promote via memories so they can add their unique twist.
- If you have a sale on, use the scissor tool and highlight the sale sign in the window to make it bigger and more eye-catching in Snapchat Story.
- Create a league table by having multiple groups and see who can create the greatest snap using memories, scissor tool or see if they can get the coolest selfie and reward them with a discount or a free session with your service.
- Remind them of an event they attended by sending them a snap of it and suggesting you should meet up again like that.
- Use the Snapchat Groups to perform some market research from your closest customers.
These are just a few ideas I’ve thought of but tell us your ideas in comments below ⬇️ Happy Snapping ?